Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pinterest

If the television is on in my house, the odds are good that it's tuned to HGTV, DIY, or the Travel Channel.  I am a home design fiend.  I also have subscriptions to a number of home decorating/design magazines, and have well over ten years of Architectural Digest and Traditional Home on shelves in my basement storage room, completely tape-flagged with notes like "sunny library shelves" or "great fireplace surround."  Anytime something in one of those magazines catches my eye, I flag it.

Of course, this means that when I discovered Pinterest I was all over it.  It allows me to "pin" items I see on websites to a virtual bulletin board that can be shared with others.  By the same token, I can peruse other people's boards to get ideas.  I've started a board with design ideas (of course) as well as boards for my fitness obsessions and favorite books/books I want to buy.

Are you on Pinterest? What do you like?  What kinds of boards have you created? Let me know!

No comments: