Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Romantic Comedy News

I receive several e-mails a week asking about future books in Simon Pulse's romantic comedy line.  Over the last few years, the line has featured some fantasic authors, such as Jamie Ponti, Erin Downing, Aimee Friedman, Nancy Krulik, and Micol Ostow (and that's just a start!)  To date, I've contributed four titles to the line (Royally JackedSpin ControlDo-Over, and Scary Beautiful.)  However, in the last few years, I've been busy with other projects, which means I usually answer those "when will you write...? e-mails with some variation on "Someday."

I'm happy to announce that "someday" is now here!  I just agreed to write a fifth romantic comedy for Simon Pulse. The book is tentatively titled NOT MY BOYFRIEND--tentative, because titles often change while a book is in production--and it's the story of a teenage boy who asks his best friend's younger sister, a talented athlete, to pretend to be his girlfriend. The pair think the charade will be simple, but find it forces both of them to question their offbeat views on romance.

The book is slated for a December 2011 or Spring 2012 e-book release, and I couldn't be happier.  As more detailed release info becomes available, I'll post it here and to my bulletin board.

Bonus book news:  If you're a fan of Jennifer Echols, then you'll be thrilled to hear that she's also agreed to write another romantic comedy.  Her story, DOUBLE DATE, will also be released in Spring 2012.  It's about two best friends who can't figure out which of the guys flirting with them is interested in which girl.  Worse, the girls don't want to admit to each other that they're interested in the same guy.  Jennifer will also be posting updates on the story to her blog, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, thanks so much for all your e-mails requesting more romantic comedies.  I'm happy to oblige!


No comments: