Monday, November 10, 2008

Boca Insanity

No, I'm not talking about Boca Raton or anyone living there. Nor am I saying that people who eat Boca products are insane. It's the folks at Boca who decided to discontinue my favorite breakfast wraps who are insane. Don't they know I need these things to get through the morning?

These lovely little wraps microwave in two minutes, are vegetarian, have a decent amount of fiber, and are DELICIOUS! What more could anyone want on a cold morning? (Well, coffee. But that's a given.) But now, not only has Boca discontinued their completely fabulous wraps, they have the gall to try to satisfy wrap addicts by posting a link to this recipe for a breakfast wrap on their breakfast products page.

Here's the thing: If I wanted to make my own breakfast wrap from scratch, I would. I bought the Boca wraps because I am LAZY. Not because I don't know how to make one. And I assume that's also the case for others who bought the wraps--they're either disinclined to cook in the morning or are simply too busy. So it's kind of insulting to come out with a yummy wrap, then yank it away and say, "You consumers could make these yourselves. Just be sure to use Boca meatless patties and chop 'em up first!"

Well, duh.

I am going to have to console myself in the mornings by watching TJ Holmes on CNN while I drink my coffee and eat cold Kashi. (Yes, I like Betty Nguyen, too. The woman rocks. But in the morning, sans Boca wrap, I'm going to need eye candy if there's any hope of being awake enough to write.)



In the meantime, if anyone knows of a store in metro Boston that still has Boca wraps on the freezer shelves, drop me a note. I'll add 'em to my stash.

No comments: