Monday, July 23, 2012

Author Interview: Michael Galloway





When did you know you wanted to be an author?

When I was about nine or ten years old I "discovered" my parents' old Royal typewriter in the basement. I didn't know how to type, but I knew I wanted to get my stories into print. So I hunt-and-pecked my way through a handful of "novels" and several short stories until I learned how to type several years later.

Why do you Indie publish?

It is the fastest, most agile way to publish that I've ever seen.

What inspired you to write your book?

A hunting trip years ago up north with my family.

What are three things you want people to know about you or your book?

There are some scenes in this book that came to me so easily that I could barely write them down fast enough. As a result, the novella ended up only taking me a month to write (longer to edit, though). Although most of the characters in the book entertain thoughts of changing their lives, only one of them actually does.

What advice do you have for parents to encourage their kids to read more?

Take them to the library. Show them where to find different types of books (nonfiction, fiction, etc.) and read books to them when they are young.

No comments: