Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Evil Star-Faced Villains

I was out doing yardwork yesterday when the dog went by me at high speed with this in her mouth:



I had to bribe Tipper with a doggie treat to get her to drop the thing. All I could think was, "What is that DEAD THING? What is with its sucker-y mouth?" It's now waaaaaay back in the woods behind my house, since after I took this shot, I played a game of fling-a-mole.

According to Google (and Google images), it's a star-nosed mole. (Translation = YUCK!) Even scarier: These things have been digging in my yard.

Of course, now I'm wondering how many more of these critters are lurking....

Speaking of moles, anyone watch the debut of the new season of The Mole? I actually enjoyed it, even without the celebs. Think I'll tune in again next week.

No comments: